This policy applies to all KITE employees, subcontractors, clients and suppliers of KITE Utility Services Ltd
This is a Company Policy and is not a Collective Agreement. The Company may amend it from time to time as appropriate.
KITE Management, employees, subcontractors
The aim of this policy is to outline KITEs commitment to the protection of data within their working activities. Our aim is to communicate this policy throughout our business.
KITE Utility Services Ltd collects certain types of information about their clients, employees and suppliers in order to carry out their work. KITE are legally bound to protect that information. Personal information is collected and dealt with appropriately whether it is collected on paper, stored on computers, or recorded on other material.
Under the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, KITE Utility Services are committed to taking all reasonable steps to:
• Only collect information that is needed for a specific purpose
• Keep this information secure
• Ensure this information is accurate and kept up to date
• Only hold as much information as is needed and to keep only as long as needed
• To allow the subject of information access to it on request
• To gain our subjects consent to subscribe to email newsletter and store evidence of consent
KITE Utility Services Ltd (We) are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of our clients, employees and suppliers.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect will be processed or stored by us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection 2018 Regulation, the data controller is KITE Utility Services Ltd of Unit 7 and 9 Foundry Way, Eaton Socon, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 8TR, Company Registration Number 8679587.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
All information provided to us is stored on our secure servers which are backed up daily. Our systems have passwords and secure logins. Paper copies, which may be stored are locked securely by the KITE management team. Data is retained for a minimum of 6 years. Ex-employee documentation is retained for a minimum of 3 years from their leaving date.
Data will be disposed of securely and paper copies will be shredded.
We will contact our clients / employees / suppliers periodically to ensure that the information held is accurate and up to date.
WHY DATA IS STORED
We use the information held in the following ways:
• To provide our clients/suppliers with information, products or services that have been requested from us or which we feel may be of interest to them, where they have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between our clients/suppliers and us.
• To notify our clients/suppliers about changes to our service.
• To hold necessary information regarding our employees.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Our clients’ information will not be disclosed to a third party without prior consent from the subject.
Employee information may be shared from time to time for appropriate use only, such as access to site; pensions; insurance; training.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
We will give our subjects the right to access information held about them.
Managing Director, KITE Utility Services Ltd
Review Date 1 October 2020